Flea Treatments For Cats
Is your cat seems restless, chews her skin? This means that she has fleas. Fleas not only cause irritation in cats but also lead to health issues. There so many other issues that can be caused due to fleas such that it can result in serious health problems later. You can easily solve this itching problem by knowing the best flea treatments for cats.
Do a flea check
Before any flea treatment, first you should routine check your cat to find out the pests for which your cat is serving as a host. You must:
- Keep your eyes on cat’s skin for some time to check if its fur shows any movement. If you spot any pest on the skin, then don’t waste time in thinking. Start its treatment instantly.
- Use a fine-toothed metal flea comb and start combing your cat hair regularly twice or thrice a day.
- To get rid of fleas, dip the comb in a mixture of water and liquid dish detergent.
Tips to prevent the fleas:
Prevent your feline friend from the tiny pests settling in on its warm and furry coat. Here are some of the ways that you must follow:
Best Products for your cat treatment:
Rather than using traditional dust, shampoos, and sprays, you must opt for spot-on treatments that are safer as well as convenient. We are living in a technology world where we have technical solution for all our problems. Find out flea treatment solution online at any online pet products store. Additionally, you can also take help of a vet and ask for prominent solutions to flea problems. Vet will also suggest you the best brands flea shampoos, powders or medicines (if any) available in the market as per your affordability. Before using any product, make sure you check for all ingredients present in it and confirm if there is anything that your pet is allergic to. Avoid such products. Some of the commonly present components in flea shampoos or medicines are:
Best Medicines to use for cats treatment:
Needless to say, you will always prefer the best thing for your pet. So, to protect your pet from the irritating fleas, just choose the best medicines. Some medicines only leave an impact for a short while other are long-lasting. So, choose the best after knowing your need.
- Nitenpyram (Capstar) is the best medicine that only takes 30 minutes to show its effects and kills all the fleas. However, it lasts for a short time.
- Spinosad (Comfortis) is chewable medicine that acts very fast, kills the fleas before they start laying eggs. The impact of this medicine lasts for a month so it helps to prevent future hatching.